Rest In Peace Mitch Lucker (1984-2012)

Picture from www.metalsucks.com
When I first heard of Suicide Silence six years ago with their first full album "The Cleansing" I was amazed. It was revolutionary to me. It was different from all the metal bands I had been hearing at the time. I was amazed, naturally I wanted to listen to more. When "...And then She Bled" was released I was among the first to buy it. I remember for a very long time I would blast the cd every morning for an hour until I had to go to school and it would give me the strength to carry on. Suicide Silence gave me something to look forward to. I felt understood. Most of you that know me know that I just listen to bands if you asked me who a certain member of the band of would be I wouldn't know because unless if I have been to their concert or I have already established that I like the music will I look up and I call it being knowledgeable about the band (others call it stalking.) I started to watch Suicide Silence grow as a band and I remember this one time I came across an auction for Mitch's shirt the one he wore in "You only live once" and I remember that it was going for like $500.00 (USD) and I was really amazed and at the time at how much his shirt was going for, so I kept up with the auction to see how far it would get. (Yes I had bid $50.00 but didn't win :[)I believe it was sold at $800.00 (USD) I wondered what they would get with $800.00 and in one of their video's they explained that they auctioned off the shirt in order to buy presents for kids (it was christmas time.) I remember seeing that Mitch in particular was really happy about this, and how he was really happy seeing the smiles on all of the kids' faces.

I have never given much thought to how much they were a part of my life until Mitch passed away this morning. The thought of him passing away suddenly well... the thought of all of us passing away suddenly hit me. I had just fallen asleep when he passed away, I didn't know until much later in the day, but even then I was shocked. I can't imagine what his family is going through, but if they ever see this I want to let them know that Mitch and all of Suicide Silence has played a very important role in each fans' heart and life, because of Suicide Silence we are much better people and Suicide Silence along with the memory of Mitch (Because true legends never die) will keep us going. Through their music, and this loss as well we have grown and we will never be the same.

As Mitch always quoted: "You only live once."

-Fatima.

Comments

Popular Posts