Trapped in a Vanilla Sky

Happy 2014! While I am happily wishing and hoping you all had a good new years, and have spent time with your family, and have settled back into the routine of everyday life I unfortunately have been trapped inside of my house. If you are not from the country or have just not been aware of lately we are in negative temperatures. It is impossible to come out without wanting to instantly go back inside. The unfortunate part to all of this is I have been trapped with my siblings inside of my house. I am not a fan of my siblings. I am not too sure how angry at this point of the day I am.

Something that has been bothering and slowly becoming a big pet peeve of mine is my younger sister. I have never understood why parents let the youngest child get away with everything. My biggest pet peeve is when I am eating and the birthgiver offers my younger sister the food that I am eating. I don’t know why she does so, but my sister knowing that this annoys me tells the birthgiver that she wants my food just to take it away from me. Every time my sister does something wrong the birthgiver does not get angry with her and starts screaming like she used to. Personally the birthgiver is getting soft and my sister is walking all over her and the birthgiver lets her walk all over her. I am convinced that my sister will end up in jail or something with the way the birthgiver gives my sister her way. My sister is satan’s child or the child of evil (for those of you who are not religious.) Just think of something you absolutely cannot stand and imagine having to live with it and have it take your food away. That’s sort of how it feels.

On another note I started thinking about my life as a whole right after new years. My life feels lukewarm. In these recent past years I have spent dormant. I had finally stopped waiting for something to happen and started to make something happen. This whole thinking about life started after I had a marathon of Vanilla Sky where I watched to movie every night these past two weeks. If you haven’t watched it I will proceed to give you a brief summary (in list form because we all know I love lists as you all know.)

Vanilla Sky (The rundown)

- It is a Tom Cruise movie.

- At first watch it will be confusing and might be a little bit scary, but watch it again it makes more sense the second, and third time than it does the first.

- Deals with questioning life and your current decisions because you feel like you are David Aimes Jr. (Tom Cruise)

- Makes you question your entire existence.

- It is about a rich guy who meets a girl named Sophia (Penelope Cruz) who changes his life, and is his soulmate, but ultimately is slowly driving him insane after the death of his F--- buddy Juliana (portrayed by Cameron Diaz.)

- In the end when David (Cruz) has reached his highest point of insanity he finds out it was all a dream and that he was already dead.

Its definitely a movie worth checking out although I warn you I like things that are very morbid or make you question your life.

Announcements: I am going to start writing seriously on my blog every Tuesday although the topics will still be random depending on what I am feeling that week. I recently started writing and composing songs again and I am actually recording them, so look out for new songs from my music project which is called Dear Demons. Also I plan on finally buying my charger for my macbook pro this week. Did anyone else’s charger rip off after three years?

I will see you soon.

-Fatima

Comments

Popular Posts